Blighted Rounds is a Skill in Outriders. Blighted Rounds is a skill exclusive to the Technomancer class. Each class has a total of 8 skills that can be unlocked and players can equip and designate any three different skills. As the game progresses, you can learn new skills by increasing and attaining certain levels of your character.
Blighted Rounds Information
- Class: Technomancer
- Type: DECAY
- Skill Effect: Fill your current weapon's magazine with decay-infused bullets that inflict Toxic onto enemies. Enemies within a small radius of the main target also receive Toxic and 50% of damage. The skill lasts until you reload or switch weapons.
Blighted Rounds Acquisition
- Blighted Rounds can be unlocked by reaching Class Level 6 of the Technomancer.
Blighted Rounds Notes & Tips
- Blighted Rounds does not add any scaling inherent to the skill, what it does is convert your weapon's physical damage into anomaly damage making it bypass armor and hit resistance instead. Resistance is always lower than armor on enemies resulting in a massive damage increase despite no scaling being added. A build revolving around Blighted Rounds as such will want to revolve around bonuses to Firepower as Anomaly Power will only boost the damage of the Toxic status effect and will have no significant impact on damage output.
- A Blighted Rounds focused build is centered on infinite uptime by using the mods Toxic Lead or Trick Up the Sleeve to continually refill your magazine. Perpetuum Mobile is also a budget option which is less reliable but perfectly usable for infinite uptime.
- Because swapping weapons and reloading ends the effect, bonuses to Firepower or effects triggered by reloading are not useful for Blighted Rounds centered builds. Likewise effects that reload your weapon such as Clip Roller will end your Blighted Rounds.
- The mod Splash Boost is highly recommended for increasing clear time on expeditions due to helping clear trash mobs and spread vulnerability from the Exposing Toxin node between the Pestilence and Tech Shaman skill trees.
- The weapons most recommended for a Blighted Rounds build are the extremely powerful and forgiving tactical variant of the Assault Rifle, which is by far the best option and the Light Weight Bolt Action Sniper for it's 300% Critical Hit Damage. Marksman Rifles are also a good option but after their critical hit damage being nerfed from 300% to 250% the only advantage over the light weight bolt action sniper is that they have no scope. A tactical variant submachine gun is a good budget option if you don't have a good tactical assault rifle, but has worse critical hit damage, base damage and range, but a higher magazine making it even more forgiving for ammo restoration.
- The best armor mods for various Blighted Rounds builds are going to be Sharp Eye, Euthaniser, Radical Therapy, Blood Lust, Captain Hunter, Critstack, King Slayer, Splash Boost, Toxic Lead and Trick Up the Sleeve. If you are using the 3 piece Borealis Monarch set bonus, have significant freeze options or just using Cold Snap the mods Shatter, Freezing Boost and Icicle Storm are invaluable additions.
- The best legendary armor set bonus for a Blighted Rounds build right now is the bonus from the Borealis Monarch which gives a 90% multiplicative weapon damage bonus to frozen enemies which the other weapon focused Plague Sower currently cannot compete with. Borealis Monarch also has Sharp Eye on the boots, Shatter on the gloves, Freezing Boost on the legs, and Icicle Storm on the Chest which are all phenomenal mods for increasing damage, and in the case of Icicle Storm it decreases clear times.
- The best weapon mods for a Blighted Rounds build will be Killing Spree, Fortress, Anomaly Enhancement, Ultimate Freezing Bullets and for faster clear times Bone Shrapnel.
- Legendary weapons worth consideration are very few as generally purples are better, but the Inferno Seed and Absolute Zero are great Assault Rifle options and for snipers Rarog's Gaze, The Iceberg, The Landlubber, and Spirit Hunter are decent considerations. Though you may prefer to dismantle these weapons for their mods.
- Other notes, tips, and trivia.