Devastator Skills in Outriders are a group of active abilities that resonate with the Devastator class. The skills for the devastator allow the player to bend the element of earth to their own will, as a devastator, your task is to take point and defend your allies. Each class has 8 skills that can be unlocked and every class starts off with one skill and as the game progresses, you can unlock skills by increasing and attaining certain levels of your character. This page covers a list of all the skills for the Devastator class.
Skills in Outriders
Upon leveling up you may unlock a new skill. These are your special abilities that can have various effects:
- Skills can deal damage based on your character's Anomaly Power (a value you can check in Player Stats, accessed in the Hero menu's Inventory tab).
- Skills can inflict Status effects on enemies: crowd control, damage over time, or debuffs (for more information o to Enemies: Status Effects).
- Some skills provide buffs for you and your party, increase your mobility, or interrupt enemy movement and attacks.
Your basic skill is an Anomaly Push and every Class has its own version. To use the other 8 skills you first need to equip them in one of the 3 available Skill Slots. Note that it is possible to swap the equipped skillset at any time, although you cannot unequip a skill that is currently in Cooldown.
Skills are labeled with Keywords that describe an aspect of the Class. Some large Class Tree nodes grant bonuses to all skills labeled with a particular keyword (for more information go to Class Tree). The Hero menu's skills tab contains detailed information about each skill and its use.
- To level up, you must earn experience points awarded for killing enemies and completing quests. The bigger the difference between the enemy's level and your own, the greater the experience point amount gained for killing them.]
- Leveling up increases your character's Maximum Health and Anomaly Power, and unlocks new Class Points and Skills (For more information go to Skills and Class Tree).
Skill Targeting and Canceling
- Skills use a number of targeting methods that sometimes require choosing a particular enemy within the skill's range. For more information regarding individual skills, please refer to the descriptions in the Skills lab of the Hero Menu.
- Skills that are thrown or used on a selected enemy can be cast using aiming mode, entered into by holding the corresponding skill button. While engaged in aiming mode you can always cancel the ability. Note that should you cancel costing an ability, it will be available again after a brief moment.
Outriders Devastator Skills
Release a shockwave, damaging and knocking back enemies in a frontal cone.
Fortify yourself against most damage.
Jump into the air and drop on a target damaging and knockback all nearby enemies.
Block bullets and projectiles in a frontal cone. When the skill expires, the accumulated damage is reflected back at all enemies. Triggering the skill when it is active will initiate the effect earlier.
Select an enemy to knock back and deal damage. If the damage is lethal, the enemy will be pierced by a stone spike, granting buffs to nearby players with bonus armor and health regen for 9 seconds.
Create a series of explosions around you, each dealing damage and draining Health from enemies within a medium radius around you.
Charge forward to Interrupt all enemies in your path and deal damage. At the end of the charge, you will smash the ground and deal damage to all enemies in a small radius around you.
Encase a target in stone, inflicting Bleed and pulling enemies within a small radius towards the initial target. The stone will then explode, dealing damage to all enemies within a small radius around the target.